Programs – Life Long Learning Opportunities
The sky is the limit! Access to our programs and services is free, continuous, and defined by the individual learner’s needs.
All learners are afforded access to, and the opportunity to choose a program that fits their needs, whether it leads to a GED qualification or receiving help with basic literacy skills.
East Hants Community Learning offers a number of programs for you to choose from:
Adult Learning Programs:
- Levels I, II, and III. Offered both daytime and evening in Elmsdale and Shubenacadie.
- GED Prep
- Online Learning Support for online high school credits
Family Literacy Programs: (run in partnership with the East Hants Family Resource Centre)
- Alphabet Soup in Motion
- Mommy 2B
- Family Literacy Day events held at various locations in the community
Skills to Work Program:
- This program is a learning program targeting individuals who have long-term or significant challenges when finding or holding on to employment. This program is a combination of classroom learning, workshops, training programs and volunteer work experience. The goal of the program is employment or meaningful volunteer work for all participants. Contact us for more information about the Skills to Work Program and information on start dates( when funding permits).
Senior’s Literacy program: “Connecting Senior’s to Safety”:
- a 10-week program that focuses on senior’s safety issues.
Funding Dependant programs such as:
- Mental Health First Aid is delivered to residents of East Hants when funding permits.
You can donate by debit or Visa to help people in your community overcome barriers to education and transportation. Your gift can provide people with choices, and provide access to services we take for granted every day. Thank you.